A home theater audio system, other than LCR channels or surrounds, also include some speakers flushed in the false ceiling called ceiling speaker. These deliver over-head sounds such as that of a plane, helicopter, thundering, rocket, etc. These speakers hence complete your audio system to deliver actual life-like performance.
A ceiling speaker is generally used in pairs on either extremes of the same axis to achieve a balance. Their number however depends upon the size and shape of your home theater. Ceiling dimension also influences their quantity as larger speakers deliver louder sound. But few small ones are also known to provide amazing loud performance. It is hence necessary for you to recognize the right ceiling speaker for your home theater.
Like the surrounds, the ceiling speakers are also meant to be closer to you and hence always installed over the seating area.
Paradigm has excelled in innovating speakers to offer you with outstanding hypnotic performance. CI Elite series is one such product range known to have a spectacular collection of in-wall and ceiling speakers.
CI Elite Series E65-R is a 6.5” woofer sized premium ceiling speaker providing you with custom installation. The best part about these is you can easily make them one among your interior décor. The speaker exterior has a white grille which can be painted in a color of your choice.
E65-R is a 2 driver speaker having 2-way design. The 2 drivers are:
- 1” X-Pal tweeter for high frequency with Perforated Phase-Aligning (PPA) lens for protection against off-axis frequencies. Also is the Reduced Edge Diffraction (RED) to help in smoother output.
- 5” woofer cone as mid/bass driver with Active Ridge Technology (ART) surround to help during high sound pressures.
E65-R ceiling speaker is designed with a built-in 1.5” voice coil which can effortlessly handle high temperature and power.
- Design: 2 Driver, 2-way ceiling speaker with SHOCK-MOUNT Isolation Mounting System
- Frequency response: 75 Hz – 22 kHz
- Dimensions (W x H x D):875” (22.6cm) Diameter
- Mounting Depth:625” (9.2 cm) dia
- Weight: 9 lbs. (2.6 kg)