Sennheiser MD 421-II is a dynamic cardioid recording microphone greatly popular in the recording and broadcasting industry. Gifted with flexible bass control and excellent sound qualities, MD 421-II can nonchalantly manage a variety of applications.
MD 421-II recording microphone is enabled to handle high sound pressure levels without causing distortion, which makes it perfectly apt to be used for guitars and drums. MD 421-II is also best preferred for most of the other instruments because it offers good adaptability through full-bodied cardioid pattern and five position bass control.
Sennheiser MD series has one of the most celebratory range of products in Instruments mics as well as Vocal mics. MD series has distinctly special mics for any application be it brass instruments, woodwind, percussion, piano or for music or performance. They help each of them sound their best while standing out in everything.
Features of MD 421-II recording microphone:
- Dynamic capsule design offers you with consistent frequency response irrespective of your position from the mike. This feature is highly beneficial in broadcast applications as the presenters are never stationary and always on a move.
- Cardioid polar pattern barricades the surrounding chaos caused due to monitors and other instruments placed in close proximity and captures only the required sound signals.
- Five selectable positions of bass roll-off switch controls the bass attenuation and proximity effect. This implies that the recording microphone can be used at very close as well as distant miking conditions and yet get high clarity audio with natural bass boost.
- Structure has a glass composite housing and toughened stainless steel basket for firm and durable performance onstage or in studio.
- Handles exceptionally high sound pressure levels.
- Acoustic components enclosed in inner chassis to limit their exposure to dust and humidity.
- Connector: XLR-3
- Frequency response: 30 Hz-17 kHz
- Nominal impedance: 200 ohms
- Weight: 385 g
- Dimensions: 215 x 46 x 49 mm