A subwoofer is an essential system in every home audio. It adds life to your music. Where loudspeakers deal with high and mid frequencies, subwoofers are essentially designed and engineered to reproduce intense low frequency sounds i.e. bass. Based on the type of amplifier driving them, subs are of two types – Passive and powered subwoofer.
Passive subwoofer requires an external amplifier for its functioning. On the other hand, powered subwoofer, as the name suggests, is powered by a built-in amplifier. Powered subwoofer is also referred as active subwoofer.
Paradigm speakers since years have been noted for their loudspeakers and subwoofers. When speaking about subwoofers, Paradigm Defiance Series should be your ultimate stop. These subs are fondly remembered and used for their out-of-the-way performance.
Defiance Subwoofers are further grouped as either from V Series or X Series.
The X Series, from having heavy-duty, huge cabinets to higher output levels, they are everything about magnificence. One such celebrated product is the Defiance X12, a 12” driver powered subwoofer.
Defiance X12 delivers dynamic bass because of top-notch features such as Active Ridge Technology (ART) and Anthem Room Correction (ARC). Its Class-D amplifier is greatly sturdy to drive 1300 watts of dynamic peak. X12 is available in black satin finish.
- Active Ridge Technology (ART): Being equipped with Paradigm’s patented ART surround technology, the X15 avoids production of distorted music by causing no deformations even at higher sound pressure levels.
- Anthem Room Correction (ARC): Anthem Room Correction is a highly intellectual technology that studies the room conditions and accordingly invokes the X15 powered subwoofer to align itself in such a way so as to deliver high bass performance.
- Subwoofer Control App: Paradigm went a step further in its innovation with this free Subwoofer Control App for Defiance X Series. This app allows you to control the sub right from your seating position smartly through your Android or iOS devices.
- Design: 12″ (305 mm) Driver
- Frequency response: 20Hz – 230Hz
- Amplifier: Class-D amplifier, 650W RMS (1300W Dynamic Peak)