A home theater, based on its speaker systems can be divided into two prominent parts. One is the front stage which constitutes the front LCR speakers i.e. left/center/right channel with the subwoofer and screen. The back stage includes the surround systems around your seating area. Other than having tower or bookshelf speakers, based on your screen type, LCR speakers can either be mounted on the wall or can even be in-wall surround speakers.
Aesthetics and interior style also matters in a home theater design. Considering the same, Paradigm introduced CI Elite series which gives prominence to the décor while offering you with superior sound performance.
CI Elite series are a range of LCR and ceiling speakers allowing for custom installation. Being passionately designed and handcrafted in Canada, these are incorporated with such superior technologies which allow for efficient functioning without hindering the aesthetical aspects.
CI Elite E5-LCR are celebrated in-wall surround speakers which can be systematically installed inside the wall, behind the projector screen without compensating on the audio quality.
Paradigm E5-LCR has 4 drivers with two passive radiators. These in-wall surround speakers have a 3-way design where all the drivers are grouped together vertically, one below the other. The driver details are as follows:
- High frequency driver: A powerful X-pal tweeter of 1” shielded by Perforated Phase-Aligning (PPA) lens.
- Midrange frequency driver: Single coaxial X-Pal cone of 6.5” having die-cast aluminum chassis
- Low frequency driver: Two X-Pal drives of 6.5” with Active Ridge Technology (ART) surrounds.
- Passive radiators: Two X-Pal radiators to enhance low frequency response. Cone are with ART surrounds.
One of the most unique technology developed for the CI Elite series is the Reduced Edge Diffraction (RED). This significantly diminishes the harmful impact of diffraction over the in-wall surround speakers by fragmenting the standing waves created around the drivers. RED also simultaneously boosts the critical midrange frequencies to improve sound quality.
- Design: 4-driver, 2-passive radiator, 3-way in-wall surround speakers
- Frequency Response: 82Hz – 22kHz
- Sensitivity: 94 dB
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 43” x 9.5” x 4.125” / 109.2 x 24.1 x 10.5 cm
- Weight: 34 lbs (15.4kg)
- Finish: Paintable white grille