The Klipsch RC-64 III is a center channel speaker supporting a fully blown Klipsch 7.2.4 system. The compression driver of this Klipsch 7.2.4 speaker carries the newly designed 1 ¾” Titanium Diaphragm and a phase plug. The phase plug, at the horn throat, functions to increase the phase coherence to deliver impressive high frequency sound levels.
The RC-64 III Klipsch 7.2.4 speaker is equipped with the redesigned Tractrix® Horn having a circular horn throat and a square horn mouth. This new structural horn design improves the high frequency response and extension, as well as enhances the imaging and dynamics. The horn is further specially made from 90° x 90° compressed molded-rubber which reduces distortion by increasing the high frequency damping.
The low frequency driver is made of four 6.5” strong and lightweight Cerametallic™ woofers built in a heavy cast aluminum frame. The framing enables resonance free operation and the woofers maintain minimal cone breakup and distortion, and maximum efficiency. The woofers were grouped with the Tractrix® horn to enhance the speaker efficiency and clarity of sound by transferring all low frequencies towards the listener.
The most unique character of RC-64 III Klipsch 7.2.4 speaker is its sophisticated network crossover design. This new 2 ½ way network design reduces the output of outer woofers at higher frequencies to limit horizontal interferences. The networking also maintains a constant sound distribution throughout the room.
- High frequency driver: 1.75” (4.45cm) titanium diaphragm compression driver
- High frequency horn: 6.25” square 90? x 90? Tractrix® Horn
- Low frequency driver: Four 6.5” (16.5cm) Cerametallic cone woofers
- 2 1/2 Way Network Crossover Design
- Premium, Furniture-Grade Wood Veneers
- Frequency response: 57–24kHz +/– 3dB
- Sensitivity: 99 dB @ 2.83V / 1M
- Power handling (Cont/Peak): 200W / 800W
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms Compatible
- Crossover frequency: 1,000 Hz & 1,400 Hz
- Enclosure type: Sealed
- Inputs: Dual binding posts for bi-wire / bi-amp
- Dimensions: 8”H x 35.8”W x 15”D (20.3cm H x 91cm W x 38.1cm D)
- Weight: 55 Ibs (25kg)
- Finish: Black Ash, Walnut, Natural Cherry